H&H Dance Academy Procedures & Protocols
for Students, Families, Faculty & Staff
Prevention Plan to Keep Our Community Safe
All Families must adhere to the COVID-19 policies and procedures and sign off on these policies through their customer portal account.
This handbook is for reference and is subject to change as the states guidelines and procedures are updated.
General Info for the Students
• Sanitize hands upon entering the facility.
• Currently masks are required. As new guidelines become available for the school year, we will adapt and adjust our mask protocols as well. We plan on closely following the Millbury Public School System recommendations.
• Bring a labeled water bottle to each class. HHDA does not have water fountains.
• We encourage using the restroom before coming to class. In addition students should arrive dressed and ready for class.
• Please include an emergency contact name and phone number on the outside of the dance bag. A piece of masking tape stuck together and a black sharpie will do the trick.
• Dances will keep their dance bag in a designated laundry basket inside the studio as their cubby space.
• Families must screen their own dancers for COVID-19 or any other contagious virus (screening questions will be emailed before the season.) If your child has any cold like symptoms, please keep them home. There is no need to spread germs to other dancers. Make up classes are offered when your child is healthy.
• If exposure or positive result to COVID-19 student may not come to the studio until self quarantine for 10 days and are symptom free.
• You can end your quarantine after 7 days if you get tested and are negative for the virus. Testing should occur on or after the 5th day of exposure.
• If a travel ban is issued, HHDA dancers and staff will follow the CDC Travel Ban requirements.
• The lobby will continue to stay closed for all parents. Preschool parents (1 adult per dancer, no siblings) will be allowed to help transition their child if needed into the waiting room area (not classroom)
• Dancers who have back to back classes will be allowed to wait quietly in a designated spot in-between classes.
• Parents must be on time and will drop off/pick up their child at the assigned door listed in your customer portal.
• Studios will be sanitized at the start and end of each day.
• All high contact surfaces will be sanitized frequently.
• HEPA Air Filters will be used in each dance space.
• Attendance will be taken in every class to facilitate contact tracing.
• Dance rooms will have clearly defined markings on the floor for visual spacing. Across the floor and formation changes will occur with distancing in mind.
• All Props and Mats will be sanitized after each use.
At H & H Dance Academy health and safety are priority. To ensure this all policies and procedures listed will be enforced. If a student, family member, or staff member is unable to abide to the policies they will be unable to participate until such procedures and policies are followed. Together we can keep our dance community safe and dancing.