Studio Handbook 2022-2023
Rules & Policies
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the studio directly, via phone (508-865-0083) or studio email (email@example.com). Our website is kept up-to-date and should help you find the answer to most of your questions (www.hhhdanceacademy.com).
Please avoid contacting the faculty and directors directly via their personal cell phones, text messages or Facebook pages. Our teachers will not return communication that does not go through the main office.
All studio communication is done via email. To ensure you receive the most up to date information please provide within your Jackrabbit customer portal an updated and accurate email address that you check and read often.
Please do not post questions on the schools Facebook page. Instead, please email them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
H & H Dance Academy reserves the option to use any pictures and or videos of the dancers for advertisement or performance purposes, which includes but not limited to newspaper ads, social media platforms and the website.
If a child has any medical or learning conditions that you feel we need to know about, please inform the directors ASAP. If your child is receiving accommodations from an IEP and/or requires a one on one aid please communicate this with us so together we can create a plan to achieve the best learning environment for all.
If you post to social media please be courteous of other parents. Not all parents are comfortable with their kids on social media. If posting videos of class or rehearsals, don’t post any choreography in its entirety and please only post your child.
H&H Dance Academy is neither liable nor responsible for any items lost, damaged or stolen, nor any injury that may occur on the premises. It is the students/parents responsibility to inform the teacher and the front desk of any injury or limitations that may prevent a dancer from participation fully in a class. Safety is our top priority always.
- Dancers should leave all tablets, cell phones and other electronics at home. Cell phones are not allowed in class.
- No street shoes are allowed on the dance floor.
- Dress code will be enforced in all classes, including proper shoes and attire.
- Dancers are not allowed to bring friends to class.
- HHDA is a smoke free policy.
- H & H Dance Academy is a peanut and nut free studio.
- A minimum of 6 dancers are required for a class to run.
- Class schedule, faculty and scheduled performances are subject to change. Notice will be emailed to families when this occurs.
- Parents must be on time when picking up their child/children. Drop off and dismissals will take place at the assigned entrance doors.
- Our waiting room will remain closed. Parents will be invited in for two scheduled observation weeks on our closed circuit televisions.
- All families must accept and read our polices on the jackrabbit portal.
- When a student enrolls in our program they are considered to be enrolling for the entirety of our season from September- June.
- First months tuition and registration fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. If adding classes at different enrollment times, please allow the office to manual adjust the tuition for you.
- All withdrawals from classes must be in writing. If notice is not received by the 1st of the next month, tuition will not be refunded. Any withdrawals after January 1, 2023 will be assessed a $35.00 cancellation fee. Any refund made to a charge card will be subjected to a 10% processing fee.
- To ensure progress and compatibility among dancers, students must attend their classes. If a child is excessively absent once choreography has started, they will not be able to participate in the recital. Please understand that in order to instruct proper dance technique, participation is mandatory.
- Refunds will not be given for any missed classes; however make-up classes are available by appointment only through the month of March. Please email the office to schedule a make-up class.
- Class placement is determined by the directors based on ability, previous dance experience (if any), age and maturity. HHDA reserves the right to transfer students to a different level after an evaluation from the teacher and the directors. The dancers best interest is always in mind.
- Registration fees are as follows: $35 per dancer, $65.00 family cap.
- A one time family sibling discount of $25.00 will be applied to your account in January.
I hereby release all H & H Dance Academy staff to render first aid to my child (children) in the event of any illness or injury and if deemed necessary by the staff, to have authority, at my expense, in the event I can’t be reached, to seek medical attention, including transportation whether paid or volunteered, to any health care facility or hospital, and if necessary, I authorize medical treatment. I verify that my child (children) has passed a medical physical within the past twelve months and is capable of participating in the activities of all dance classes H & H Dance Academy offers. Please be certain the information provided in your customer portal is current and accurate.
- All Accounts are required to have a current credit card on file. HHDA accepts Visa, Or MasterCard. Payment is due by the 5th of each month. We do not offer automatic payments and ask customers to login to their portal account and make their monthly payments. Accounts that are past due on the 5th will be charged a $5.00 late fee. A tuition payment reminder will be sent out on the first of each month.
- If you choose to pay with a different form of payment, you must do so before the 4th of the month. If an alternative payment is not received by the 4th, the card on file will be automatically charged. Please keep in mind that if you choose to mail in your payment to leave extra time for the check to be received prior to the 4th.
- All checks that are returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a $25.00 fee.
- Cards that decline for any reason will be subject to a $10.00 processing fee. Declined payments will receive notification by email in the customer portal. Customers will then have five days to bring their account current, to avoid an additional $15.00 late fee.
- Accounts that are behind could forfeit their dance lessons until their account is brought up to date
For class cancellations due to inclement weather please check the Facebook page or the website. All cancellations are posted by 2 o’clock. Morning preschool classes will follow the cancellations of the Millbury School District.
- Costumes are ordered for the annual dance recital in the beginning of December. Two $40.00 Costume Installments are due for EVERY COSTUME your dancer will have.
- The first non refundable $40.00 installment per costume is due with October 2022 monthly tuition.
- The second non refundable $40.00 installment per costume is due with November 2022 tuition.
Costumes will not be ordered, if all installments have not been made for each costume.
Each costume price ($80) includes tights, a clear garment bag, and all accessories. All costumes are non refundable. Costume payments can not be made in lieu of tuition payments.
Costumes will be distributed to dancers in late April/early May. Once the costumes leave the studio, HHDA is no longer responsible for any mishaps that may occur.
Parents will provide size measurements in the form of a google drive for their dancers costumes. If parents need a measurement tape the studio can provide one. When measuring your dancer please add an inch or two to adjust for growth come spring time. It is always best to size up and be able o alter the costume than to have it be too small. A video will be available with further instructions on how to measure your dancer in late fall. If a costume needs to be returned a $10.00 restocking fee will be applied to your account.
The annual recital is not required but strongly encouraged. Please be sure to inform the office is your child is not participating in the recital no later than November 1, 2022. HHDA will put on multiple professional recitals. Each class besides the invited company dancers will perform in only one recital with one dress rehearsal commitment.
The annual recital is scheduled on a weekend in the middle of June, typically at Grafton High School. Dress rehearsal dates are always the week before the recital date. More information will be available on this in the fall. Attendance to your classes scheduled dress rehearsal time is mandatory for anyone who participates in the recital.
May and June’s full tuition must be paid in order for your dancer to participate in any recital activities. Recital tickets will be sold with an online ticket company. Tickets will go on sale in May. Customers will have one week to purchase the allotted amount of tickets. After a week the restrictions will be lifted and if available, tickets will be sold online as a first come first serve basis.
HHDA Pairs with 4 Star Media Production (recently changed to All Access Events) to bring you live action dance shots and a downloadable link 5-6 weeks after the recital of the entire show. Since the studio is billed per student this expense is mandatory and will be posted to accounts in April. The cost is around 30 dollars with a sibling discount available.
Dancers in multiple shows: HHDA tries to accommodate siblings when putting the order of the recitals together; however there is no guarantee that your children will be in the same recital. Dancers who take extra classes in addition to their ballet, tap and jazz classes, such as hip hop, musical theater, acro will most likely be in separate recitals. Tickets for multiple recitals will need to be purchased at the full price.
- We plan to follow the Millbury Public School system in regards to COVID-19. As their fall policies are updated we will share the updates as well.
- Parents, Dancers and all staff members will be required to sign off on a COVID-19 waiver and COVID-19 handbook upon registration.
- In the event that we are required to close in-person classes per the state government or CDC guidelines, we will immediately transition all classes to Zoom.
- Regular tuition and withdrawal policies will remain in place in the event of classes moving to the zoom format.